In 2017, Collaborations: A journal of Community-Based Research and Practice launched to offer a peer-reviewed, open access resource focused on community-university collaborations. As an academic journal, Collaborations will publish information related to:
- The initiation of grassroots change efforts
- The ingredients necessary for effective partnerships
- The challenges of sustaining change
- The process of technology transfers/research-to-practice/policy
- The use of action research to document the effects of school-university collaborations
- The development of community resources to improve university coursework
- Civic engagement through university-community partnerships
- Public policy and practice-relevant knowledge generated through university-community collaborations
Collaborations is divided into three sections: Scholarly Research, University-Community Collaborations, and Reflections on Experiential Learning. It is sponsored by the University of Miami and Rutgers University.
See the first issue of Collaborations.
Learn more about the journal.
Read the submission guidelines.